Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of Pre-K!








Sarah Kate started Pre-Kindergarten today. She was so excited. It turns out that she has the same teacher (who she absolutely loves) that she had in the 2-year old class. Several of her friends are also in her class again.

Although I know it is healthy for her to be able to seperate from me without a problem, I was kind of hoping for a bit of a hesitation or a worried look, but instead she marched right to her chair, pulled out her markers to start coloring and said "Bye mom!" I sort of stood there, unsure of what to do next. Luckily, William helped me pull it back together with his screaming because he was afraid I was going to leave him at school too.

After school, Sarah Kate reported she had a great day. In fact, she's already filling up her social calendar. She and her friend promised to tell their moms that they wanted to have a play date together soon.

1 comment:

Marcua said...

SOOOOO glad that everyone is feeling better! SK looks adorable for her first day at school...what a doll and so smart!